- Started working in the building industry at the age of 14 doing various tasks for his father's custom home building business.
- At age 17 started his own exterior painting business which he managed and employed up to 10 painters full time during summer months to earn his way through college.
- Went to Europe to analyze successful companies' approach to business and marketing.
- Graduated from Eastern Michigan University (EMU) with a Bachelors degree in Business Management and Marketing.
- Honored in college courses with additional education in Construction Management, Business Law, and Architecture.
- Started Big Sky Development with partner in 1994
- First to Introduce 9-foot first floor ranch style homes in Livingston County.
- Bought out partner in 2000 - became incorporated and 100% owner.
- Acknowledged as "Best Local Builder" from many local businesses county-wide.
- Was the first builder in Southeast Michigan to offer a true in-house 10-year warranty.
- Built many homes priced from $100,000 to over a $1,000,000 in many different developments throughout Southern Michigan.
During the mild recession in the early 90's and the "Great Recession" (mid-2000's), many builders left the industry or failed - Big Sky Development continually built new homes during this difficult time period and is still building new homes today.